Sunday, March 3, 2013

What happened to Dec, Jan and Feb?

It's 3 month's since I last posted on the blog.  A lot has happened in NinaLand, Weight Watchers world, and, I'm sure your world since then...

For me, some challenging and some exciting, all of it educational and all of it worthwhile.  What about for you?


NinaLand:
On the day before Thanksgiving (November 21) I tripped on my way down to the basement, fell down 4 or 5 steps, and in trying to protect my head from colliding with the tile floor, landed squarely on my left shoulder, breaking it.  Lizzie came through for me to the nth degree; compassionate, caring and generous with her time in a way that it's hard to imagine that I could ever be in return.  She cooked, cleaned, carried trays of food upstairs to me, helped me shower and dress and most of all she kept my spirits up and made sure I didn't miss doses of painkillers!  

I had no frame of reference for such an injury, I understand now why the orthopedic doc, when I asked him, at that first visit, how many weeks will I expect to miss work, smiled so knowingly and corrected me "weeks?"... he said "months"!  Suffice is to say, I'm getting there, it's a work in progress!

Regarding my own weight journey through the injury period:  My initial reaction was to sit and pout, feel sorry for myself and medicate with delicious salty and sweet foods - nothing weird or unusual in that behavior, right?  It did take a couple of weeks, but I am proud to say that I came to the realization that it was not really what I wanted.  In fact it was making me feel horrible, both physically and emotionally (guilt was the primary emotion).  I set to work to figure out how to manage being home and not over doing it.  My weight didn't fluctuate more than 6 pounds from my goal - even over the holidays, which is not perfect, but could have been so much worse!  The number one strategy that I used - and, for those of you who understand, you'll agree with me, and for those who don't, take it for what it offers... TRACKING!  If I have the number, I know what to do with it!

Weight Watchers World:
Which segues me nicely to the things that have changed in Weight Watchers world...  Weight Watchers 360 launched the week after I injured myself and, oh boy, everyone wanted to know ----
What does that mean?
How is the program changing ,and
What do I have to do differently?

For Weight Watchers, the change is significant.  What's so clever, and one of the reasons I am so proud to work for the company, is that, seemingly, members experience of the program is a methodical transitioning to new elements and strategies without feeling disrupted.  At least I hope so, that's certainly what's been shared with me.  If your experience is different, please tell me.

TRACKING - it's what so many successful members say makes the program work for them every day.
SPACES - making sure our environment is the most conducive to successfully staying on track.
ROUTINES - day in and day out, making what we do intrinsic and instinctual.  

The new elements go along with committing each week to one small change that will make our journey fun and successful!  After all, if nothing changes, nothing changes!!

If you've been AWOL since the transition to the new program or since I've been away, it's 'do-over' time;  Come and see me to find out more about Weight Watchers 360  :)

My meeting days and times are on the right side of the page.  Reach out to me on Facebook if you like.  
Speaking of Facebook, I'm not going to send a weekly email letting folks know each time I make a blog posting, but I will post a link on my Weight Watchers Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/wwnina.udwin

Feel free to request "Friend" status on the Facebook page and to contribute to the conversation to make it into a wonderful, supportive Weight Watchers forum :)

Will I see you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment