Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not just Breakfast - POWER Breakfast!

I often talk about the Frittata I prepare for myself for breakfast.  I cook it on a Sunday and then eat it (cold) throughout the week.  It's not a "real" frittata - more like a crustless quiche - most often I just call it "That Eggie Thing".

It changes every week, I use different veggies, sometimes I add fat-free cottage cheese (about 1 cup) in place of 2 of the eggs, sometimes I make it spicy with more Tabasco or Cayenne Pepper.  If I have fresh herbs, they often make it in.   I have roasted veggies such as cauliflower, baby carrots, sweet onions, leeks and others to add to it also.  Experiment and enjoy!







This picture is borrowed from the Internet - I accidentally deleted the picture I took from my hard drive, but this one is a great representation of what "That Eggie Thing" looks like.

Frittata (or "That Eggie Thing")

~ 1 1/2 c cooked mushrooms (or 1x14oz can if I am being lazy)
~ 1/2 c frozen sweet pepper strips - thawed
~ 10 oz (1 box) chopped frozen spinach - thawed and squeezed of excess water
~ 3 oz fat-free feta cheese crumbles
~ 1/2 c light cheddar (or any type of hard) cheese (2% milk fat)
~ 6 eggs
~ Salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard (or a couple of drops of Tabasco)

Spray an earthenware or pyrex rectangular dish (8x5" ish size) with Pam or Olive Oil Spray.  Then layer all the ingredients into the dish making sure they're all evenly spread around, finishing with the 2 cheeses.  Beat the eggs with the seasoning and evenly pour it over the veggies.
Bake in a 325 deg oven for 40 - 45 minutes until it is not runny and the color is light brown on top.

I cut it into 5 servings and this one works out to be 4 PointsPlus Values per serving.





----------------------------------------------

And now - drum roll Please...
Food Collection:
YOU ALL HAVE GENEROUSLY DONATED THE FOLLOWING TOTALS ...
27.6  dry pasta
19.2  tuna and other fish
24.0  dehydrated beans, lentils and grains (barley)
35.4  canned beans
39.8  canned fruit
33.4  canned soups and broth
49.2  canned vegetables
44.0  canned and bottled pasta sauce
64.8  peanut butter, apple sauce, candy, BBQ sauce and ketchup, salt and pepper and other misc food items

MAKING A GRAND TOTAL OF 337.4 LBS.  

317.4 lbs DONATED TO THE LEXINGTON FOOD PANTRY AND 20 LBS TO THE BRISTOL LODGE PANTRY IN WALTHAM.

These totals do NOT include the items donated through the Newton Weight Watchers Center, that food totaled some 432 LBS and went to the Needham Food Pantry.
I cannot thank you enough for your generosity in bringing in your donations throughout the 7 weeks of Lose For Good in September and October.  We'll definitely do it again next year!


By the way - if I haven't told you recently .... YOU ROCK MY WORLD.  Thank-you!

Come back to the blog on Sunday for my next post :)
See you in your meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment