Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - The Year of the Water Wagon!



Last year, you know, the Chinese calendar stated,
That the year was going to be a great one, and we’d be elated
To know that 2011 was the year of the Rabbit –
And so … for all to hear, I did declare that it was 
our year of the TRACKING HABIT!

On the Chinese calendar, when I looked today,
I wanted to be sure that I'd have a clear message to convey,
I read that 2012 is the year of the Water Dragon -
So … for all to hear, I do declare this is to be
our year of the WATER WAGON!

“What does that mean?” I hear you cry,
“Do I give up my coffee, my tea my liqueur?” 
“Well no ... you decide ... but how about making every second glass pure? 
Sub water or seltzer for every other drink you choose,
And double the H2O amount you’re willing to use”

Welcome to the NEW YEAR.
Many members in the meeting room this past week shared by writing in a note book that I passed around the meeting.  I asked them to offer some of the amazing behavioral habits they are proud of themselves for conquering this past year and that they are planning to continue into 2012.  

I want to share the 3 that I feel are really meaningful:

If you did not get a chance to write in the note book - I still want your contribution.  Please can you pen something and send it to me in the comments section of the blog?  

I am always in awe of the amazing achievements of members, especially when you show that making small changes can make significant difference to the outcome of your weight journey!
"I recommitted this year and made progress in very small ways.  I attended every meeting and my biggest victory was that I wrote down everything I ate for the entire year"    Unknown - but BRAVO to you!

"This past year has been an amazing journey for me with Weight Watchers.  As I begin to set a goal for myself, I look back at all the positive changes in my health.  For example, my BMI changed from Type 2 - morbid obesity (severe health risks).  My current BMI is in the healthy range without any medical issues.  I've never been a walker but now I am a runner and can't believe how different and amazing I feel just one year later."    Rachel

"I came EVERY week, stayed for EVERY meeting, wrote down suggestions from fellow members and Nina, drank lots of water, walked and IT worked!  Thank-you for your support!"     Mary (ed note - the "EVERY" capitals are mine).


I received my copy of the Weight Watchers Magazine 2 days ago and I have been pouring over it --- I LOVE IT!

The party's over, the resolutions are set, and you're ready to start losing.  The new issue is great, it's packed with tips on how you can eat favorite foods without gaining a pound, how to feel confident (and look great) in your clothes, and how to tone up and slim down—without leaving home.  There are also 37 recipes, including a few favorites from "our own" Jennifer Hudson. 

The mag is for sale in the meeting rooms $4.95.

Inside this issue (From Weight Watchers Marketing Dept):
Snack Strategies: Sweet. You'll welcome WW advice on how to keep a sweet tooth satisfied without gaining.

Sweater Smarts. One woman’s transformation from bulky to beautiful will share how to look 10 pounds slimmer in winter sweaters.

Break New Ground. Stuck in a rut? WW shows us how to break out of our comfort zones and experience all that life has to offer in the New Year.

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Show some love on Valentine’s Day with these perfect PointsPlus® friendly mini cupcakes  -  YUM!

IN THE MEETING ROOM:
This Week’s Topic:
HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW AD FROM JENNIFER HUDSON?



Do you believe that this year will be different? 
That you have what it takes to not only lose weight but to keep it off...for life?
What will it take for you to believe? 

If you’ve ever tried to lose a pound, you are an expert in what worked and did not work for you. This is your year to put practice and experience to good use and believe in your potential to achieve your goals!

And finally:

“Promise me you’ll always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
Christopher Robin to his friend Winnie the Pooh!

COME BY on Wednesday to the blog for the recipe of the week.

See you in your meeting :)



1 comment:

  1. Dear Nina Thank-you for your blog, I want you to know how much it means to me. I am rededicating myself to lowering my blood pressure, my cholesterol and total body wieght.Thanks again.
    John

    ReplyDelete